- 3RD NCDMB ANNUAL NATIONAL UNDERGRADUATE OIL AND GAS ESSAY COMPETITION
The NCDMBAnnual National Undergraduate Oil & Gas Essay Competition sponsored by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) is designed to promote the Nigerian Content (NC) initiative and create the awareness for Nigerians to build local capacity to participate effectively in Nigerian’s Oil and Gas industry.
2018 Essay Topic: NIGERIA’S LOCAL CONTENT POLICY AND ITS IMPACT ON SUSTAINABLE ECONOMIC VALUE CREATION
- This contest is open only to 100-200 level students in tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
- Entrants must submit either a letter of admission or a signed letter of attestation from his/her Head of Department (HOD).
- All essays must be original works specifically written for the competition.
- Co-authorship of essay is not permitted.
- Entrants are to submit only one entry.
- Completed manuscripts and accompanying documents must be submitted to ncdmbessay.com on or before 7
th October, 2019.
Late manuscripts will not be considered. Hardcopy submissions will not be accepted.
- Manuscripts must not exceed 1,500 words.
- Current contact information of each entrant including phone number and email address must not accompany the manuscript.
- Entrants’ names must not appear on the manuscript but on a separate title page to be removed when a number is assigned to the entry.
- Shortlisted entrants will be contacted to appear before a panel for interactive assessment to defend their submitted essays.
- Prizes will be awarded as follows: N500,000 for 1st place, N350,000 for 2nd place, N250,000 for 3rd 4th and 5th places shall each receive N50,000. All top 5 winners shall receive laptops and other items.
- Essays will be judged based on: Clarity of Expression, Spelling and Grammar, Originality of thought, Depth of Analysis, Relevance to Industry, and Conformity to Contest Rules.
- All essays will be subjected to plagiarism check (software application) to determine originality.
- Successful Top 10 Finalists will be notified by 21st October, 2019.
- The Prize giving ceremony comes up 30th October, 2019
- The winning essay will be published in the NCDMB’s in-house magazine, Local Content Digest.